My CHALLENGE to my readers!

I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
Tony Robins

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Celebrations make dieting hard!

Yesterday I did my full workout.  I did my walk/jog interval training and I also did my circuit training.  That was in the morning.  In the afternoon/evening my husband and I had a wedding we had to attend.

No matter how well you do all week, weekends can unravel you.  This wedding was a prime example of that.  There were really NO healthy menu choices for me.  They had a turkey stuffing mixture.  Roast beef on a bun, pasta salad and deserts.  I ended up having a little of everything.  I also had 3 drinks.  According to Jillian Michaels, alcohol is like the anti-diet.  It can really hinder your weight loss.

That being said I had a fantastic time.  I saw family and friends that I had not seen in awhile and was very glad I went.  You simply can't avoid life just to maintain a diet...that's just wrong.  But you have to be smart, both before and after these events.  I had a good low cal breakfast (yogurt, almonds, strawberries and a sprinkling of granola) and then I had a light lunch (whole grain bread, lean turkey, fat-free cheese sandwich).  So hopefully my dinner and drinks didn't do long lasting damage.

Today my plan is to workout strong and eat smart!  While the scale did show a two pound gain this morning, I'm confident that will all be gone by my Friday weigh day.  You can have temporary ups and downs on that scale all the time due to fluid retention and the like.  Weighing myself every day helps me stay committed to my plan - but I don't let those occasional gains upset the apple cart.  If anything it just makes me even more committed to doing everything right.

Today is Sunday.  I will be packing for my trip to California and watching football - AFTER my workout.  Hope you all had a great weekend.

T
Stats:

Weight 216.5
Accumulated miles: 5.08
BMI: 31.5
Body Fat %: 43.7

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Tammy! I went to a shower yesterday. It was a champagne brunch that started at 11:00AM and was an hour from my house. I made sure to get up early and take my walk and I even jogged for three blocks, in between walking. The shower had lots of good food but, I avoided the champagne, picked a few healthy things from the buffet, took a dab of the potatoes and ate three cookies. This morning my weight was the same! I'm so proud of myself and I had fun!

    ReplyDelete