My CHALLENGE to my readers!

I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
Tony Robins

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday - a favorite day of mine!

Sundays are one of my absolutely favorite days!  Especially in the fall.  This morning all I could think about was getting my workout done in time to sit down and watch the football games that were coming on at noon.  This year I have two teams to follow. The Greenbay Packers of course, and now the Minnesota Vikings as well.  I'm a Favre fan...I will watch him play no matter what team he plays for.  He's just a great football player! 

I made a baked oatmeal breakfast dish that I found in the Eat Clean diet cookbook.  It's a fabulous combination of old-fashioned oats, milk, vanilla, real maple syrup, slivered almonds and dried fruit (I choose cranberries and raisins).  You combine it and bake it for 30 minutes.  Delicious!  I like to make this dish on Sundays because the recipe makes enough for you to eat it several times the following week.  It really helps me to have some ready made, healthy breakfast options for work the next week.

After breakfast I went down and worked out.  Today I did both the interval running and circuit training.  Since I had read on Jillian's website that you should do the circuit training BEFORE any cardio you do, I thought I would try that today.  I suppose they have you do that so that you're not exhausted and possibly doing the strength training with less than perfect form.  But to tell you the truth I like it the other way around.  The running interval training is by FAR the hardest part for me.  And I like to get the more difficult of the two out of the way first.  I think unless I find myself giving less than what I know I should be to my strength training I'm going to keep it in the order I've been doing it. Running first - Strength training second.

Tomorrow is my day off (Jillian says if you work hard you must rest!  Her website requires that you have two complete rest days a week)  I have Monday's and Fridays off.  So after tomorrow I will be starting the 2nd week of this competition.  I have decided to weigh and measure every Tuesday! I will be recording my change in stats at the end of each of those posts.

I'm proud of myself as I've completed my first entire week of this new training routine. It was hard.  Actually, the hardest I have ever worked out in my life!  But I am excited because I did it...I can do it!!  I mean it's something I've proven that I can actually do.  And as time goes on I believe I will be able to increase my run time and decrease my walk time until I'm actually running the entire 30 minutes.  Me a 46 year old woman.  Incredible!

Because I am so worried about injury after my workouts, today I also iced a few areas.  I don't know if I mentioned this but I hurt my shoulder a couple of weeks ago.  Although I'm being super careful while working out, it's still gets pretty sore afterwards.  So I iced that.  I also have patella femoral syndrome in my knees.  That particular problem is caused from pronated arches in my feet.  I do wear arch supports to help correct this problem but my knees are still very sore.  The personal coach from Jillian's website is particularly concerned that I will injure my knees, so I iced them as well. 

Over all I feel really good about this week.  I'm currently reading several books about health and fitness.  I've learned some fantastic facts that I will be sharing with you in the coming weeks.  I think I will also begin posting the recipes that I'm making when I make a new healthy dish.  :-)  I am not going to bore you daily by saying over and over again that I've done the same workout.  I'll let you know that I've completed said routine each day...and I'll tell you when I increase my run time etc.  But there are many many more interesting things to share with you all in this journey to get healthy.  Stay tuned!

Stats:
Weight 216.5
Accumulated miles: 2.52
BMI: 31.5
Body Fat %: 43.8


I'll be talking to you all tomorrow!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment