My CHALLENGE to my readers!

I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
Tony Robins

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Short & Sweet check in.

I wanted to check in today but it's been a long day and frankly I'm exhausted!

Today I made a slow cooker stew recipe so that I could devote the rest of the day to my workout and my cleaning.

I worked out this morning but I only did my interval training, no strength training. My personal coach from Jillian's website reminded me that out of the 5 days I work out I should only be doing strength training 3 of them. 

Today I decided to run for 30 seconds and walk for 1 minute for the entire 30 minute workout.  This translates into running for .7 miles. :-)  I'm happy about that.  This distance is really going to add up!!  I'm gonna make the 20 miles and I feel really good about that.

After working out, I began cleaning up my kitchen.  I got serious about getting everything I did not want in my cabinets.  If it said "High Fructose Corn Syrup" or "Partially Hydrogenated Oil" of any kind out it went.  I also put all of the natural products I brought into labeled containers and organized my cabinets for my much healthier and delicious new way of eating. :-)  I can't help myself...I keep going into my kitchen and looking in the cabinets.  They look great!

Last but not least I clean cleaned...you know what I mean.  The sweeping, vacuuming, dusting and mopping.  I don't know about you but I LOVE to relax in the evening in a nice clean house!  I love the smell after you've cleaned everything. :-)  Now I'm relaxing watching a movie and looking around happily at what I accomplished today.

Things are going well.  I'm happy with my progress.  My son John called and encouraged me to continue doing the 30 second run/1minute walk intervals until I'm ready to step it up...then increase my run to 45 seconds and leave the walk at 1 minute...continuing to increase the run time and leave the walk time (recovery time) at 1 minute.  Eventually I will be running the whole thing.  Then I can begin to go farther in the same amount of time.  :-) 

Ya know what?  I actually believe in myself.  I think I'm actually going to be running 2 miles straight through before I know it. 

Stats:
Weight 216.5
Accumulated miles: 1.82
BMI: 31.5
Body Fat %: 43.8

Talk to you tomorrow...ahhh Sunday I love that day!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment