Over the course of my obese adult life I've tried every diet I could find. I've also ingested every diet pill or potion I heard about (some I even had to purchase online from Canada). God only knows what all of that did to my body!
Then my sister Kathee turned me on to the show The Biggest Loser. On that show there were people older, bigger, less fit than I was. And in some cases seriously ill or injured! Yet they were able to lose 100s of lbs. 100s!!! One by one this show stripped away all of my excuses and also all of my fears and began replacing them with HOPE.
Through that fabulous show I was introduced to Jillian Michaels. I loved her style of training so much that I purchased books, DVDs and eventually joined her online weight loss website. Getting excited by realizing none of the information I was reading was offering me those same solutions I had tried and disproved in the passed, I ordered more...
Eventually I had all The Biggest Loser books and workout DVDs. I purchased Kim Lyon's diet/exercise book also. I began to devour the information...making small changes as I went. I subscribed to new healthy cooking magazines and ordered healthier cookbooks than I had previously used. I joined various online communities and began to learn as much as I possibly could about health and fitness.
In the process I met some fabulous online friends. There are seven women that I communicate with regularly. Even though some of us have never met face to face, we've developed a bond that would indicate otherwise. We share our successes, failures, hopes dreams and fear...and we support each other through them all. It reminds me of what military men describe as the feelings they have for their fellow soldiers during battle. This is a battle we fight!! One that people who do not have any or even those that have very few lbs to lose could never understand. And this group of women are a support team that I can't even imagine being without. :-)
Let me bring you to today. Over the last nine months I've educated myself and in the process lost nearly 20lbs. But now I want to get serious and lose the other 85lbs. I want to take what I know and really make use of it!! I feel like I've learned it...now I want to live it!!
Tomorrow starts the new season of The Biggest Loser AND a wonderful Fall Fitness Challenge on Jillian's website that I have ever intention of entering...and winning. I know that both will provide the incentive I need to begin strong and end well. Tomorrow I'll explain the challenge and what goal I set for my part. :-)
Stats:
Starting weight 218.5
BMI: 37.5
Body Fat %:43.8
Talk to you tomorrow,
T
No comments:
Post a Comment