You probably thought I disappeared, but I'm here. I was continuing my battle with my weight with ups and downs as does everyone. But I never gave up.
I read so many books and all of the continued to influence me in what exactly I would want to do to stay on this healthy path. You see when you decide to make a lifestyle change it's different than going on a diet. You have to find what can work for you for the rest of your life...not just until you lose 5 or 10 lbs. I don't want to ever go back to my non-caring, unhealthy way of life.
I read books like the Cardio-Free diet, which really pushes the importance of strength training. I read Body for Life for Women, which is a great book for encouraging older women (which I unfortunately am) that it's never too late. And of course I invested in many, many healthier cookbooks to indulge my love for cooking.
On the path I tried different things, some of which I felt I could continue and other that I did not. Over time I feel I've found a plan that works for me.
I also invested in a Body Bugg - which measures the calories you burn throughout the day and even through your sleep. I found that I burned far less calories than I had previously thought with my exercising. The Body Bugg is 94% accurate and it showed that my Heart Rate Monitor and my exercise equipment showed me burning way more calories than I was. EXACTLY why you can not out work bad eating habits. So I came to the conclusion that I MUST cut my calories significantly to attain the deficit that I wanted.
Now I'm eating around 1200 calories and working out 6 times a week. I do Stationary Interval Biking Mondays, Strength training Tuesdays (Legs & Butt), Treadmill Interval Wednesday, Strength Training Thursday (Arms & Shoulders), Stationary Interval Biking Friday, Strength training (Abs, Back, Core)
I know it sounds impossible to keep up this pace, but I've been doing it pretty consistently and I'm not being ridiculous about it. If I have a busy weekend and need to take a day off to get the house ready or something I do. Working out 6 days a week consistently allows me to take a day here and there and not feel guilty.
In the process I've lost some weight. I'm getting ever close to my goals! And I feel fantastic. I can tell you that my stamina has improved so much it surprises me every day. I can keep going well into the night and still feel energetic. It's awesome and a side benefit I had not expected.
Current Weight: 204
Only 4lbs to go to finally get below the dreaded 200lbs!
After 20 odd years I'm going to celebrate that milestone and never EVER return to it!!!
Tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment